A diverse group of illustrators who need a place to post and critique work as well as share our knowledge

Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Man out of Time



I'm glad to finally share this with you all. Albeit, a little late, but still glad to share!

To start, I guess I should actually introduce myself. The name's Andrew Thompson. Like so many of us on this blog, I graduated this past May and I'm currently out in Boston working as a graphic designer for Reebok. Unfortunately I haven't really done a full scale illustration since school until now. They told us how tough it would be to work a full time job and do art on the side, but I never really believed it. If you'd like to see more of my work, you can see my site by clicking my name off to the right, but you can also check out my tumblr and Behance at:
 http://www.tumblr.com/blog/arthompson6  
https://www.behance.net/arthompson 

A quick recap, I did this illustration not just for The Winter Soldier. Recently I've come to really admire the Captain and his unwavering character. Despite all the shit he's been through, he still fights for what he believes. I wanted to show his transformation from the First Avenger, to Winter Soldier. To the hopeful kid from Brooklyn to the broken man who is being attacked by those he used to work side by side with.







The following are in progress shots while I was working.


 



One last thing before I go. I'd like to welcome anyone interested in art or studying art to leave us a comment about things you'd like to see. Tutorials, critiques, Who inspires us, style, etc. Thanks so much!

Hope you enjoy our site.

No comments:

Post a Comment