A diverse group of illustrators who need a place to post and critique work as well as share our knowledge

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Brimstone and Hellfire in the making...

Hey guys so for a few months I have been working on my second Lord of the Rings piece. Now it should really not have taken me "a few months" to get this out, but with work and lack of artsy roommates it has been a bit hard to get into the art mood. My plan is to have a collection of maybe 4 to 5 pieces out of the Lord of the Rings world.

My first piece was on the battle between the Witch King and Eowyn. That was the first time i ever did a LOTR piece, but it was really fun and I definitely will be doing more. At first, I wanted to do certain events of the movies whether they were a battle scene or just a typical "Frodo and Sam moment". But then I thought, well what if I only do epic battle scenes in which good and evil were at their best. And so it was decided, these paintings will be "The Epic Battles Between Good & Evil of Middle Earth"...or something like that.























So this was my first piece for this series. I have half a mind to continue working on this piece by making some changes (like re-drawing Merry with a Nazgul blade in his hand)




































This is a quick value study of my second piece, where Gandalf fights off the Balrog. This will be painted and finished the same way the first one was done, so even tho the Balrog looks a bit "rendered" it will not be a rendered painting.

But anyway, this is all for now. I will post progress as I work on the final image.

By: Luis Uzcategui

No comments:

Post a Comment