A diverse group of illustrators who need a place to post and critique work as well as share our knowledge

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Today's weather report: Winter is coming.

By: Thomas Kirkeberg

Howdy! I'm Thomas Kirkeberg (click on the link to the right for more info) I thought Andrew's post looked so lonely, so I decided to give it another post to befriend. Anyway, here are a couple of illustrations I've cobbled together recently. Both are alternative book covers I made for school, for the bookseries "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R.R. Martin. Some of you may be familiar with a show on HBO called "Game of Thrones". If you're not, then I'll sum it up for you: Kings have, in general, very short life expectancy and winter, appereantly, is coming.
Moving on, this is a cover for the first book "A Game of Thrones."


I did have a leftover idea that I wanted to do, so I did a cover for the third book as well, "A Storm of Swords."
Both of these are done digitally in Photoshop, based off of a line drawing (that often is quite different from the final art). I also use use my own, homebrewed brush for painting, as well as a standard soft brush. This is all I have to so for now. Hope you dig. Dig your self down into the snow that is promised to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment