A diverse group of illustrators who need a place to post and critique work as well as share our knowledge

Monday, December 23, 2013

Captain Andrew: The First Poster


Hey everyone,

Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation when it came to the title...Here is a bit of an update on what I've been working on the last few days. I also felt like we needed to get something up here. On the left is one of my initial sketches and on the right is my in-progress line drawing for the final illustration.

Since seeing the Captain America: the winter soldier trailer, I've almost become obsessed with the idea of a hero who has such a strong sense of morality and who holds so true to their beliefs. It also shows how much the world has changed since his views and actions were considered normal or everyday and it tests his character. To me, each movie is a test of his character. There's a definite transition from "war hero", to "living legend", to "relic" and I find that super interesting and inspiring.

Anywho, what do you guys think so far? right now I'm still in the nice line drawing stage, but that should wrap up in the next day or so. It's a little rough right now, I know. I want it to have a similar look to this piece.

My only specific question is, "what do you guys think about where I moved his original shield from the sketch to the more final one?" composition wise, I think having it on the left instead of the right balances things out, but I like that the vertical stripes will go with the american flag when added later.

To all my fellow forgers, hope you have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment